CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 31, 2011

Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake

So on last weekend for our DT Crab Broil.....Jerilyn made some mini cheesecake tarts using half this recipe and they came out so good. So on Sunday I called myself gonna use up some cream cheese spread I had in the fridge and make me and Andre some cheesecake to go with our Ox tail dinner......ohhhhh they were so good!!
Anyway the cheesecake wasn't that good and I was trying to figure out where I went wrong.....of course I called my mom sometime doing the week to get her advice on where I could've went wrong come to find out cream cheese spread and the actual cream cheese in the box has a different texture and taste go figure.....so I just had to get it right this week and I did......Yippie here is the recipe...
Also new gadget I invested in this weekend Proctor-Silex Mini Food Chopper no more beating the graham crackers with a hammer.....

What You Need
1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 Tbsp.  sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg.  (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar  this is what the recipe called for but I added another 1/3 cup
1 tsp.  vanilla
4 eggs

Make It


PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Now here is a trick I learned from youtube on making a baked cheesecake take a pan of water that you can put the springform pan down into fill it halfway with water.....wrap the bottom of your springform pan with foil really good and tight...and place it in the pan and then follow the instructions above. Check out my finished product;

No comments: